Saturday, February 4, 2017

1 stamp 3 ways

**Warning~~ Very photo intensive post!**

For quite awhile I have wanted to take one stamp/image and color it multiple ways so I finally just took the time to do it!

I chose a stamp from the Power Poppy set, Short Stacks.





I colored the first image with prismacolor pencils which was very fun for me. Before I got copics I primarily used prismacolor pencils to color with but never shaded and layered the colors so it was fun to try new techniques.  I used a sketch from Power Poppy for this card~






The next image I colored with Zig Clean Color markers. It was such a tiny area that I was very nervous working with the watercolors but I was pleased with the results and how it really wasn't as hard as I had expected. 





The last image I colored with copics. I tried to keep the colors similar in all 3 images so it could be a fair comparison. I don't know that I have a "favorite" but it's interesting to me to see the differences. 





I'm so happy I took the time to do this as it was so much fun! 

Sorry it's been so quiet on my blog lately. I started my new job and am getting use to getting up early again on the days I work, etc. I won't be working many hours a week so once training is over I should be back to creating like crazy again!!

Have a wonderful day!

Stamps~ Power Poppy~Short Stacks,
Ink~ Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Archival Black, SU Early Espresso, SU Crisp Cantaloupe, SU Night of Navy, SU Pumpkin Pie,
Cardstock~ Copic Xpress-It, watercolor paper, SU Early Espresso, SU Night of Navy, SU Pumpkin Pie, misc. white,
Designer Paper~ Basic Grey~ Lucille, Basic Grey~ PB&J, 
Other Goodies~ copics, prismacolor pencils, Zig Clean Color markers, bakers twine, SU pearls, MFT Stitched Oval STAX, EK Success border punch, SU Sparkle Textured Expressions Embossing Folder, SU retired enamel dots,

5 comments:

Jean Addis said...

I really like seeing the different mediums on your fabulous creations. You are so good at coloring, no matter what you use.

kareN stampZ said...

wow they all look amazing

Leah's Crafty Life said...

Fabulous comparison and coloring!! Love the cards!

Susan A. said...

I love all 3. You did an amazing job!

kReN said...

I love this idea of using the same image with different mediums. I will have to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.